About Me

My photo
FROM AFRICAN PRINTS TO COD AND CHIPS...WELCOME TO MY WORLD OF *ihearts*

Blog Archive

Wednesday 14 November 2012

5 THINGS THAT MAKE TEHN DIAMOND AND JUNIOR BROWN HAPPY!




The collaboration between Zimbabwean rappers Tehn Diamond and Junior brown is indeed a happy one (dry pun intended)! The track took over the Zim airwaves and charted at number 1 on ZiFM stereo charts, marinating in the top 10 weeks after its release.

So I had to catch up with the duo for a quick run down of what really makes them happy:


WHAT MAKES TEHN DIAMOND HAPPY:

1. Hearing whatever song is really owning my life, at a club on real speakers, with real sound, and then just dancing like a rapper shouldn't. Right now 'Dami Duro' by Davido is that song.

2. Every 6 or so months each year when I actually manage to live and eat healthy. Don't get me wrong, the other 6 are fun but the healthy 6 make me happy.

3. Finding an actual dope and engaging movie on TV to watch on a Sunday night. Last time it happened it was 'Life Is Beautiful'. I overly enjoyed it.

4. Very few thing make me happier than performing. Anywhere. Anytime. Any place. As long as the sound is dope.

5. Hanging with Mama.


WHAT MAKES JUNIOR BROWN HAPPY:

1. Music...when it's played at the right time and its relative....

2.Saturday afternoon...there's something in the air that makes me feel like doing everything the "happy" song says....

3. My family and friends... Even when I'm having a bad day they always come through and show me a brighter side of life s/o to them...

4. Partying... Very hard! It gets better out of town when i get to meet new people...

5. Performing... I love the reaction my music gets when i 'm on stage and the looks on peoples faces...

I *heart* this track and it's Junior's flow in Shona that does it for me. I've got a thing for rappers who rap in their mother tongue... 

"Tatanga tatora makhoso watolavha; Tatatenga ma drinks edu ayo atolavha.Toita Heppi Heppi. Loosely translated,"we started off by picking up them girls that we love, then we bought our drinks, the ones that we love, we were Happy, Happy."

Check it out:



 'Toita Happy happy happy.'

Love x

No comments:

Post a Comment