About Me

My photo
FROM AFRICAN PRINTS TO COD AND CHIPS...WELCOME TO MY WORLD OF *ihearts*

Blog Archive

Wednesday 14 November 2012

THE SOUNDS OF I/O

Ok I'm feeling this new kid called I/O. After stumbling across his soundcloud, I fell in love instantly.
I/O, real name: Ayo Olatunji, debuted 'Isolation', his first official mixtape earlier this summer. This singer/songwriter and producer is the grandson to Grammy award-winning Nigerian drummer: Babatunde Olatunji. A round of applause for his African roots please!

 There is no denying that his sound is a cross between The Weeknd and Frank Ocean yet his own delivery is unique. He has his own blend of RnB/Neo soul.

 "I'd be lying" is one of my favourites. The opening clash of bold drums and static symbols that seeps into the introduction of an electric guitar. Sturing up a whirlwind of emotions as it weaves in and around his smooth vocals. He gives us hints of old skool africa in the way the guitar strings are picked and not strummed. It's NUTS! 


 Check it out: 
      

                                                                                   Love x



No comments:

Post a Comment