About Me

My photo
FROM AFRICAN PRINTS TO COD AND CHIPS...WELCOME TO MY WORLD OF *ihearts*

Blog Archive

Sunday 3 February 2013

MY NAIJA/GHANA EXPERIENCE


Following a Vietnamese Afrobeat DJ half way around the world to Ghana AND Nigeria isn’t exactly how I imagined to spend my Christmas and New Year…but HEY HO that’s exactly what I did! 

After an intense grilling session at the Nigerian embassy to process our visa applications LOL - an experience that I will save for another blog post; we finally saw ourselves on board the plane and Lagos bound...



Despite this being my 3rd time in Nigeria, nothing can prepare you for the chaotic, nonsensical madness that the the chariszmatic country has to offer, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! After surviving immigration and retrieving our luggage we were picked up by trusted friends and the rest was literally a whirlwind. 

From zooming across rivers in speed boats for private beach parties: thank you Lagos, to sipping from coconuts and sunbathing by private pools in Accra, meant that I had my fair share of VIP treatments. I was subjected to the best of both worlds:

Lagos

Our wonderful variety of hosts showed us a fantastic time, taking us out to beaches and suya spots by day, and the hottest clubs by night. 

Lape, Me, Nep


...Even had time for a spot of fishing...



Catching up with friends who I haven't seen in like forEVERRRR and a day made my holiday so much better:
Mide and I

Zainab and I 


Neptizzle was summoned by Mavin Artiste Dr Sid to play at Don Jazzy's night club 'Pop', and he absolutely killed it... twice!


... Followed by Jolloff rice pizza by Dominos... HAAA! So wrong but tasted sooo right!


The night life is crazy in Nigeria but nothing was more fun than attending our friends house parties. With all hands on decks by DJ Neptizzle; there's something about dancing to Afrobeats...outside... in the heat... with free food and drink lol.



And of course Nep was a hit with the Aunties lololol.




Ghana

It was my first time in Ghana and I completely fell in LOVE *obv*. The complete opposite to the over-the-top Lagos is the calm city of Accra. Everyone is so laid back and chilled, I had to slow myself down too. The friendly and relaxing atmosphere just comes naturally to Ghana.

Nep, WestcoastUk and moi

Staying with  good friends at their beautiful home in East Legon meant I was at the hub of ultimate relaxation. 






Our HILARIOUS hosts exposed us to mouth watering restaurants and quirky markets. Osu- aka "Oxford Street" "(lol) is brimming with bustling shops that sell intricate handcrafts, bags and beautiful fabrics.

I had absolutely no time for shopping, the only thing I did flag down during the day was some kelewele and peanuts, pineapple and Fan-Ice! 


The sweetest pineapple I've ever tasted...
AAAAAnnnD my faveee FANNNIICE!


Spending just 5 days in Ghana was never enough time! I need to go back and have a proper holiday... and I'm already missing my new found friends that I didn't know I had :


Me, Ann and Charleen= Zimbabwe/Ghana hot spices
.

London


Returning back to a snowy London didn't exactly thrill me. I quite enjoyed sunbathing in my bikini's and watching the sun turn my skin into a darker shade of chocolate... *sigh*

Anywho... determined not to slip into depression, here are my two favorite tracks that are keeping me going: *drum roll please*

Nigeria

Sarz ft Wizkid
Beat of life

Ghana 
R2bees- Life (Walaahi)




I HEART AFRICA!



Love x

No comments:

Post a Comment