About Me

My photo
FROM AFRICAN PRINTS TO COD AND CHIPS...WELCOME TO MY WORLD OF *ihearts*

Blog Archive

Monday 25 March 2013

J. APPIAH TAKES OVER iLUVLIVE

I'm a lover of live music.  So an event such as iLuvLive that gives a platform to some of the UK's best homegrown talent is something I will always enjoy.




 I was very pleased to learn that my favorite chocolate Ghanaian hot spice: J. Appiah (with his voice like caramel) had been added to last weeks lineup. I didn't waste time in purchasing my ticket.

Tuesday 19th March saw me at XOYO for the respected event that has hosted household names such as Jessie J, Ed Sheeran, Tinie Tempah and Emeli Sande, just to name a few.

The intimate event was almost like a friends reunion as we all huddled together centre stage to support our friend who's dreams are unfolding in front of our eyes.



Jesse Absolutely killed it. Armed with his trusted guitar, two wonderful backing singers and his own stripped back vocals, Appiah gave a fun, captivating yet personal peformance, stirring up all kinds of emotions from the audience.

His 15min solid performance took us back to church as tight harmonies were executed and had us singing back the hooks and clapping for an encore.

J. Appiah's sound, I personally describe as a merge between Musiq Soulchild and Ed Sheran, has already seen plays from BBC Radio1/1xtra.

ILuvLive received a fantastic performance from J. Appiah and I certainly believe he is one to keep your eye on this year.

Well done Jesse... see you at the top!



Download his digital album titled 'studiocoustic':

http://jappiah.bandcamp.com/album/studiocoustic

http://www.jappiah.com/home/

Twitter @JesseSings

Love x




No comments:

Post a Comment